Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Finding My Rythm

I've been feeling the need to exercise and though I know it's just plain good for me, I've been lacking the motivation to lace up my running shoes and hit the pavement. So, on Friday I signed up to participate in the 26th Annual Great Aloha Run.

That's right. This is no measly 5k. This is 13k through downtown Honolulu to UH's Aloha Stadium. Approximately 8.15 miles. I've never run that far in my life. Let the training runs begin! Miraculously, my wee ipod shuffle that took a spin through the washing machine almost a year ago, has started working again. At least long enough for me to make it through my workouts. I'm taking that as a good sign.

So, if you've don't have plans for President's day (Feb. 15, 2010), feel free to join me! I could definitely benefit from a jogging partner.

2 comments:

Katie said...

You are gonna rock it! You climbed Rainier, you got this race covered! I demand pictures of the race day! We just bought tickets to fly home for Joe's homecoming that weekend. But running in Hawaii in February sounds delightful.

Karen said...

I agree with Katie; and while I can't come run with you in Feb, I sure hope you take some pics so we can see your great race!