Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pacific Aviation Museum

Dad, this one's for you.

A few weeks ago, Manu and I had our first big adventure together, just the two of us.  Saturday, September 24th was Smithsonian Magazine's National Museum Day, so many museums offered free admission.  So Manu and I packed up and headed out to Ford Island in Pearl Harbor to see the Pacific Aviation Museum.

When we finally got in to the museum (after a shuttle ride, a diaper change, a feeding, and another diaper change) we saw some great planes.  Dad, I thought of you a lot while I examined the different planes and Manu examined the inside of his eyelids.  So, here's some of the cool stuff we saw:

I didn't get many pictures of the really old planes in the first building because the light was bad.  This one is a F-4F3 Wildcat from the 1940s.

North American F-86E Sabre from 1947.


This is an ultralight plane.  It was tiny!


Curtiss P-40E Kittyhawk I (1942)


McDonnell Douglas F-15A Eagle (1972)


Grumman F-14D Tomcat (1970)


Convair F-102A Delta Dagger (1953)


SH-60-B Seahawk

Some of the planes you could climb up and get into or see up close.  It was a pretty cool museum.  Wish you could have been there, Dad!  Hope you enjoy the photos!  

2 comments:

Katie said...

Neat place! I am impressed that you remembered all the names of the planes!

Deb said...

Don't be too impressed. I took pictures of the placards so that I'd be able to label them later.