Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ketchup

... I mean catchup

... I mean catch-up

Ah! That's the one.  The holidays were wonderful and too short.  I'll post those pics soon (and by soon of course I mean eventually), but for now here's a few of Manu and I hiking Mariner's Ridge awhile back.

A "walk break" for Manu and a "stop walking break" for me on the  way up the ridge.  Unfortunately it didn't last long - ridges are not good places for toddlers to wander.  

It was a beautiful trail - steep enough to be challenging, but  easy enough that my out-of-shape self could pack 25 pounds of baby up there with out much trouble.  

Love these mountains.
And the ocean.

At the top - Manu passed out not too long after this and napped all the way down.
Shortly after this picture was taken, we met the then-mayor of Honolulu Peter Carlisle up at the top! 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you keep taking advantage of the beauty you live in! Thanks for the post and pics

tpmotd said...

Funny coincidence: Rachel and I were just wondering the other day whether "tomato ketchup" is redundant. So I did some exploring and found this enjoyable article on the history of ketchup/catsup/fermented fish innards. Enjoy! http://languageoffood.blogspot.com/2009/09/ketchup.html

Rachel said...

Did you hike up by yourself? You're going to have to enjoy the nice scenery for us. Hawaii is so beautiful.

Whitney Hardie said...

Awesome photos. You're such a cool mom to take your little man on such adventures.

Deb said...

Steve - that is quite the article. I haven't finished it yet, but I really had no idea that's where ketchup came from!

Rach - I hiked up with two friends from our stake. We've been trying to hike together regularly.

Whit - Thanks! But it really is self-serving. I'd go crazy if I didn't get out of my apt and out of the city regularly!

Katie said...

My desire to come visit you intensives greatly every time you post pictures of you hiking in those gorgeous tropical mountains. You know that, right? Or is that part of your plan...

Hooray for hiking groups! Glad you have one!

Deb said...

That is all part of my plan, Katie. My current hiking group has fallen apart though and I need to put together a new one, because I've got the itch to hike again!