Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween

Nate and I had a great Halloween this year. Nate went as a used car salesman, which was by far the best costume he's had since I've known him. (in previous years he's been an undercover cop - a.k.a. he had no costume, and a P.E. teacher - which he actually is) I went as a 70s snow bunny.

We carved pumpkins with some friends and they turned out pretty well. They got a pumpkin carving kit and it was great for the smaller cuts, but only because the knife blade was tiny. It was actually a battery powered knife, which was cool. I thought my Frankenstein pumpkin was downright adorable.

For Halloween day, I participated in my first ever school Halloween parade at the elementary school I work at. We don't do that in Oklahoma, but here it's a pretty big deal. Even the teachers that wouldn't even wear pajamas for pajama day went all-out for their costumes. It was quite an experience. I went as a cowgirl, (I had lent my snowsuit to a neighbor. Her work was offering $100 for the best costume.) but I definitely didn't measure up to the other teachers.

That night we drove down to Fairview to visit my grandparents and had a great time with them.

Nate as a used car salesman, Deb as a snow bunny.



Here we are again at the ward party (our singles' ward).


The pumpkins outside our apartment.


Ta Da! The finished products!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the pumpkins! They are so great! Your costumes are pretty rockin' as well.