Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Race Day Countdown

Days left until the Great Aloha Run:
5

Race Length:
13k (8.15 miles)

Start Time:
7:00am

Number of Participants Expected:
22,000

Miles run since December 1 in preparation for this race:
103

Average Pace:
10 min/ mile (6 mph)

Goal Finishing Time:
80 ish minutes
(I ran 7 miles last Saturday in 68minutes, so I'm feeling pretty confident. Slow and steady may not win this race, but it will see me to the finish line! Though I did have a dream that I won it the other night...)

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Good Luck!

Katie said...

Waaaaa hoooooo! I am sooo excited about this! I have had it marked on my calendar and have been thinking about it all month. You are going to totally rock!

Nate said...

Good luck! I'll see you at the finish line.

Actually, I'll see you this evening after school.

Chace & Rivka said...

Wow Deb, have a ball! But how nasty is it of them to make you start at 7! Or maybe it will be nice and cool... I don't know. Either way, good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. You're my fitness icon! I've been looking for something like this for a few months after baby to help shed those extra pounds. Who knows--maybe I'll come to Hawaii and run with you... (in MY dreams!)

Karen said...

You are gonna do awesome!! I'm all about slow and steady! Good luck! Just keep thinking of your man waiting at the finish line for you!