Monday, June 4, 2012

Birthday!

I had a great 26th birthday this weekend!  After a fabulous homemade breakfast sandwich (you know it's going to be good when the sandwich is dubbed "Heart-Stoppin' Fun") and a nap for Manu, we hit the beach!

Manu is loving the water these days and that plus having Nate along made it a perfect way to spend my birthday afternoon.  We were so busy splashing around in the water that I didn't take any photos at the beach, but Nate did snap these before we left:


Manu's hair gets a little crazy when we put sunscreen all over his head.  It makes a great styling gel.


Peace.


Manu has also started developing his musical abilities.  (ie. he realized that he can reach the piano keys without my help), much to our neighbors' chagrin at times, I'm sure.


We finished of the day with delicious Thai food, a sweet card from Nate and Manu, and a playlist of fun new songs. 

Now before you laugh that I didn't make it in to any of the pictures on my own birthday blog, look carefully at the top photo.  Those are my calves.  Plus, I know why you all check this blog anyway.  Even if it is my birthday, you're all hoping for a glimpse of Manu.

3 comments:

The Keanaainas said...

Love it and Happy Birthday!!!

Katie said...

Sounds like a great day! And that second picture is priceless! That is one cool kiddo you have there.

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear you had such a great day! I can't believe how big your little man is getting :)