Thursday, June 28, 2012

Messy Mealtime

There's a few things you should note about this photo:


One being that for the last two months or so Manu has refused to wear a bib.  He immediately reaches up and rips it right off.  As you can see from his orange-tinted face and belly, that had the potential to add up to a mountain of dirty shirts in my laundry pile.  So now he eats shirtless.  Like a caveman.

Another is that Manu really knows how to relax and enjoy his meals.  He likes to reach back and stretch or lean to one side and put his arm up on the back of the chair as he eats.  What a ham!


As of yesterday, Manu is officially 11months old.  Let the countdown begin!

 First birthdays around here are a big deal.  We'd love to follow local tradition and throw a big party for all of you, but I have just two words to explain why we won't:  student budget.  Let's be real, folks.  If you're really disappointed, you can come over for a cookie.

Instead of a party, Manu and I are running away to Oklahoma!  Wahooo!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is an awesome photo. What a ham indeed! I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED for your trip to Oklahoma!!!!!!! I am in Washington right now. On the plane here I was forced (last seat available) to take the very front row. I thought it would be terrible because you cant have your bag with you during take off or landing, but it was great! I took his sippy cup, some snacks and a toy out of the bag for those parts and got the diaper bag down for the rest of the flight. The great part is that Charlie could play on the floor at my feet during the entire flight and loved it. Just wanted to let you know in case it will help on your flight.

Deb said...

Thanks, Katie! I hope you're enjoying Washington!